Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy B-day to the NES!


Feel that something special in the air? Why that would be millions of excited gamers across the globe as they rise wearily from their beds to discover that the Nintendo Entertainment System has turned 25 years old!

Super Mario Bros., Excitebike, Kid Icarus, Duck Hunt, Metroid, and Legend of Zelda to name only a few of the early titles that I burned hundreds of hours playing in my youth. Good memories.

Of course how does one celebrate a day like this? Well, you can do what I'm going to do and play some M.U.L.E. but I personally think that should be done everyday. I guess I'll just have to browse this crazy series of tubes to find suitable photos worthy of the 25th birthday celebration of a classic gaming system.

A big thanks to Kotaku for the heads up and to Smithore.com which is just an incredibly awesome site about M.U.L.E. so make sure to head over there and give them a look!

Pardon me but I need more tea and I should see if the Vault has anymore of the Nintendo cereal in stock.

No comments: